Fantasty Vultures Round 2 Draft Analysis
Here we go, the round that should be as simple as round 1. There are still plenty of top prospects and #1s, so the second round should be a breeze even for the novice drafter. Again assuming a 12 team PPR league, this round will consist of picks 13 thru 24.
FANTASY VULTURE DRAFT (SECOND ROUND)
13) Keenan Allen (Travis Benjamin) Its all about the Benjamins baby and this continual deep threat is proving he can blow the top off any defense.
14) Melvin Gordon (Derek Watt) Imagine a more compact JJ and you get Derek. He will force holes open for Melvin, but will also create his own space as a goal line vulture. The coach’s are already raving about this kid, so keep a close eye Gordon owners.
15) Kareem Hunt (Tyreek Hill) Yes, a wide receiver can vulture an RB, especially this one. This season the Chiefs plan to fully utilize the undisputed fastest man in the NFL. This trick play gadget guy continues to show shifty untouchable play with plenty of formations that include Hill in the backfield.
16) A.J. Green (Andy Dalton) Andy’s play is on the decline. If a passer rating in the mid 80s continues, life could get tough for Green owners.
17) LeSean McCoy (Offensive Line) The offensive line last season was a train wreck. Running down hill was a serious problem when holes are collapsing before you get there. Also the best player on that line, Mr. Bully himself Incognito decided to retire and enter the psych ward. This year will show a rebuilt line, so its anybody’s guess what direction they are headed.
18) Davante Adams (Randall Cobb) Now hear me out with this idea, I know he’s old so chill out a minute and listen. The Packers released Rogers favorite target in Jordy Nelson. The downfall of this release is the amount of added attention to Davante, thus leaving Mr. Cobb to roam the flat with single coverage. More doubles will come for Adams, so this has to leave other receivers with single coverage.
19) Christian McCaffrey (Injuries) This kid is a machine and the Panthers know it. He’s their PR, KR and starting running back. At 202 lbs, somebody is bound to light this kid up and cause serious problems. Overuse is a great way to see concussion protocol or Ortho. My prediction is McCaffrey’s first game missing injury will occur this season (is Vontaze back?)
20) Rob Gronkowski (New Contract) If structured favorably then this cold actually help Gronk owners, but if not then don’t expect Gronk to throw his body around any more than the minimum. He’s already made it clear that he’s given enough of his body to the game, but money talks, so we shall see.
21) Travis Kelce (Patrick Mahomes II) Timing, timing and more timing. Its a new year and the Chiefs have a new starting QB. Once a favorite of Alex Smith, Kelce could find himself dealing with an inaccurate bust of a QB.
22) Mike Evans (Jameis Winston) Crab legs, Ubers, Jameis is on fire for a track record of bad decisions. Losing your top QB is never good for #1 receivers. We shall see how the Bucs handle this situation. Oh let me not forget Desean Jackson is still around and loves single coverage.
23) Tyreek Hill (Patrick Mahomes II) Tyreek IS the fastest player in the game. Patrick Mahomes II has a monster arm, this should be a deadly combination right? Patrick hasn’t proven his accuracy, so we may go through some woes with over and under thrown balls to a wide open Hill.
24) Larry Fitzgerald (Age?) Every year is his last and every year he defies logic. It’s hard to find an issue, but maybe this is the year when age finally catches up to the legend. You know what, never mind nothing is going to stop this man from getting his each and every game. The last 3 “retirement” years he’s still caught a thousand yards each season. Only Larry Fitz will stop Larry Fitz.